Sunday, 27 February 2011

Ocean Salt (p.s - I want my fish bone back)

Ok so I wanted to blog about my favourite Lush product, ‘Ocean Salt.’ Ocean salt in a scrub that, allegedly, consists of 50% sea salt (sorry lush I don’t believe you, I would say 30%.) But anyway… This product is one of the best cleansers that I’ve ever come across! It’s vodka based and feels very refreshing. The scrub is very well ,erm, scrubby I suppose, the large flakes of salt scrub and cleanse the face with great effect.  Lush recommends that you only use this once or twice a week since it can be rather abrasive. Personally I water mine down a little in my hands before applying it so I use it pretty much every day. Before buying the product I expected it to leave my face really dry but I was actually surprised to find it was quite hydrating. A small pot of this costs £6.45.

In other news I have just spent two hours of my life in A&E (why is A&E always such a lengthy affair?!) with a fish bone lodged down the back of my throat (oh, so glamorous I know!) So firstly I just wanted to say thank you to Waitrose, your ‘BONELESS salmon fillet’ was very enjoyable especially at 2 o’clock this morning when I was still trying to cough up its contents. Now usually I enjoy a trip to the hospital (because I’m weird and find them interesting) but not today, oh no far from it! I found myself cornered by 3 medical people armed with some very concerning looking ‘tools’ and insisting that they needed to be shoved down my throat. I think not.  Much to the annoyance of possibly the most arrogant man to the walk the earth, who failed to see why anybody would object to having a huge piece of metal thrust in their mouth to restrain their poor tongue. (This man clearly wasn’t fond of human kind let alone children so why on earth he was working the children’s ward is beyond me.) Anyway the bone was eventually removed (with some very scary  instruments) by another, very friendly and somewhat attractive doctor, who can definitely be considered a friend of mine after becoming so familiar with the back of my throat. Ohh but can I show you the picture of devil bone itself!? No, no I can’t because the arrogant pig from earlier refused to give it to me even though it was technically my property. Well piggy, if you’re reading – enjoy the bone, you foolish man.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

oh no! i hope your ok! -nothing abit of icecream cant fix;)

www.floralbeautyxo.blogspot.com xx

Holly said...

DYING at your a&e paragraph, lmfao that could only happen to you!!xxx

Tess said...

LOL - I know right! Wait until tomorrow when I tell the story in all it's glory, I haven't mentioned the banana spray yet! xx

Holly said...

Oh god I can't wait for this!xx

Jenny said...

Owch I hope you're okay - fish bones are evil. Now following btw :D xx