Saturday, 12 March 2011

Barry, I’m sorry but I just don’t like you.

As you all know last week I bought the Barry m instant effect top coat. I used it over the top of Barry m mint green and after keeping the colour on for a good few days I really began to hate it. Since it was a new bottle I thought I should try and get some use out of it rather than just leaving it to clutter up the back of my draw with other hated companions such as Polytar. So today I tried using it with natural collections ‘champagne’ colour as a base coat. This is a favourite nail polish of mine since it’s so cheap and the perfect subtle silver colour, putting barry over the top of it was like destroying a beautiful piece of artwork. I think quite a few people like the instant effect top coat because it’s quite different and the concept of it is quite interesting but come on, there’s no denying that the pattern it creates closely resembles the work of a 3 year old armed with a black sharpie.  Sorry Barry, it’s back to the bottom of the draw for you!


If anybody is wondering why I haven’t shown a picture of the natural collection champagne bottle it’s because me and my camera, Cannon, have had a falling out. It’s refusal to focus in on any picture left me infuriated beyond belief. Just to add insult to injury it died midway through uploading pictures, which left me wanting to hurl it out of the windows with the desire of it landing on the army of chavs passing by. 
Anyway, today I hunted out another good find in the New Look sale! I’ve wanted a pair of boots like this for a while now because I wear my flat military boots far too often and these are a good alternative. Usually I avoid heels because I end up walking like a cautious, lopsided, idiot at the speed of a snail but these aren’t very high at all and are actually really comfy. They’re easy to walk in so I’ll probably end up living in them for the next few months (even though I’m like 10 million years behind everybody who got a pair of boots like these ages ago!) I’m always really excited to get shoes in the sale because I’m a shoe size 5/6 like the majority of the female population!


Ok this post is dragging out a little but I just wanted to end it with some blogger recommendations for you. Check out my Amy’s blog here for all things fashion and affordable (also a massive Gossip Girl fan which I’m sure will interest lots of you) – and Emma’s here where you’ll find a very stylish individual with lots of knowledge on make – up – and lastly Holly’s here, I’m sure you all know about her intriguing reviews but just in case you haven’t stumbled across her yet!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Barry hates you too! Thanks for the shoutout(;,xx

Jenny said...

Aha I love the sharpie analogy; isn't this just ugh?! x

Lauren said...

i think it looks nice, maybe its just me! :L

www.floralbeautyxo.blogspot.com

xxx

Aaron M. Gipson said...

I think they are cute, but I am a male...

H Rija said...

I don't like it either!
My Lyfe ; My Story

Christina said...

These boots are super fab. Really love them.

C