Sunday, 27 March 2011

R.I.P. my nails...

Oh, before you read I have twitter now (only like 5 years behind everybody else) - I can hardly use it at the moment but feel free to follow me, I believe the 'follow me' link is on the right hand side of this page!

I’ve always had pretty long nails throughout most of secondary school but lately they’d become extremely weak and vulnerable to chipping. After weeks of them all being different lengths and breaking at any opportunity I’d had enough and decided to cut them off. Well, what a stupid idea. Why am I such an idiot?! Half way through removing them I actually shed a tear (ha, yes I kid you not!) I tell you this not for sympathy but to demonstrate what a pathetic individual I am.
Anyway, to cheer myself up I thought I’d paint my new stubbles that posed as nails. Since this was a particularly sad moment I went all out and used a favourite nail polish of mine, Nails inc’s ‘hall moon street.’ Well, at least that’s what I think it’s called, it’s only a taster bottle so I really have to strain my eyes to see the writing on the bottom. The picture lies, this polish is not red, it’s purple!





I thought I’d upload a picture of my old nails in loving memory. Boo- hoo I miss them, I won’t be drumming my nails on the desks tomorrow at school! The only glimmer of hope in this situation is that my nails do grow very fast so hopefully they’ll forgive me and be back within the month.

Also just wanted to say that I’ve recently reached 50 followers (yay!), so a huge thank you to every followers of mine. This paragraph is so cliché, I know, but I honestly get so excited with every new follower I get, (yes, I need to get a life) and really appreciate all of the lovely comments people leave. It’s really nice to know that somebody is interested in my pointless ramblings!

P.S - My blog photos WILL show - finally (yay!)

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm confused by the photo's as it appears they can only be seen if you click on the square where they are? :S very odd.! RIP long nails though x

Tess said...

I know, it's so annoying - I think blogger has issues. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, my blog isn't half as interesting without the photos ahaa x

Holly said...

Glad to hear that our short nails can be friends (;! + WOOO 50 FOLLOWERS :D!!xx

hannahbabeyxo said...

I just had to cut all my nails off too :( Its so depressing haha! Your nails look good though!! :) XO

Heather Frost said...

My nails never grow past a certain length! Well they do but I start messing with them and end up breaking or biting them off! So I decided It's better I keep them short ha ha. I love your nail color! It's so pretty!
http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Kenzie said...

RIP long nails!!
I am in the same boat. My nails used to be SO strong but overtime that sure has changed. It's always my thumb and index finger that are the worst.
I was never a huge long nails girl but i do miss being able to grow them out without the fear of them splitting and breaking.

Amy McDonnell said...

that colour is so peng
my pictures wouldnt upload either!

malteser. said...

fab colour. geerrh i wish i had nice nails. i cant keep them out of my mouth! cute blog:)

Hayley said...

Love the colour of your nails :) They'll grow back soon!

Froso M. said...

I like them short, though! Great color.

Have a nice weekend,
Froso from Style Nirvana.

Nat said...

Lovely colour! So frustrating when nails keep breaking and you have to cut them x

Cinderella's Closet said...

Love your ring.

http://blog.cinderellasclosetnyc.com/