Saturday, 5 March 2011

Today was boring, so I went shopping...

I wasn't really planning on doing much today until I got beyond bored by which time I decided a mini shopping trip was essential. My first stop was Boots, I picked up their essential eye gel because over the last few days my eyes have become really sore. For only £1.50 I’m not expecting it to make any difference to the appearance of my eyes, I just appreciate how cooling it is (especially after being left in the fridge) and how effectively it relieves that irritating ‘tired eyes feeling.’ I also bought a Boots leave in coconut conditioner simply because of the smell. Regular readers of my blog will know of my tar related hair issues so I’m hoping this spray will disguise the smell of the M25!


While in Boots I saw the Barry m nails effect top coat. Back in half term I was shown this by a friend and was actually amazed at it (it doesn’t take much to amaze me) so I thought I’d pick a bottle up and try it out for myself. I’m a fan at how easy it is to use and the fact that it’s something a bit different however I’m not particularly in love with the print. Although after a few hours it has begun to grow on me.The nail polishes were on 2 for £5 so I also picked up Barry m ‘mint green’ to use as a base coat.


I quickly went for a look around New Look since I saw that they were having a mid-season sale. Upon sifting through the sale rail I found a top that I had had my eye on for a while. For only £7 I couldn’t resist buying it. The top is fairly see through around the chest so I also bought a plain black strappy top to sit underneath it. Take note that it’s one of those tops that only looks good on and that the hanger serves it no justice!

12 comments:

Holly said...

It looks so good on your nails, I doubt the effect would work on my tiny ones! How shocking that both of us actually left the house today haha (;!xx

Gabrielle said...

Love the nails, so cool! I'm following you now, I hope you follow me too!
xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

Erica said...

loveee this type of post! great blog, just followed hun x

Lisa said...

I like the pattern on the top :) Bargain at £7!

Lovely blog, following now :)

xxo

Natasha Green ★ said...

Congrats on your bargain; it is a lovely top. Thanks for the follow, I am now following you too! Natasha from The Rambles and Shambles Blog.

G A B Y said...

Ooooh Barry M Mint Green looks so pretty! x

Miss A said...

love that mint green nail varnish - beauuutiful :)
xx

beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

Joanna Louise said...

Great Blog sweetie! I am now following - love the combo you created with the varnishes the colours go well but aren't harsh x x

Peach said...

Love that nail polish! i have seen some of them around! :)
http://thepeachdrinkingtea.blogspot.com/

H Rija said...

Great haul
And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog post and I was wondering if you wanted to follow each other!
My Lyfe ; My Story

Tess said...

Thank you, am now following :)

Leesha said...

That top is really cute! And these nail polishes look great on you, love that effect! (: xx