Saturday, 2 April 2011

Cosmetic Warrior

Apologies but this is yet another Lush review.
Cosmetic warrior is a face mask from Lush, early readers of my blog will know how I raved about another mask of theirs – ‘cupcake.’ Cosmetic warrior is packed with fresh ingredients (didn’t expect anything less from lush) such as garlic, grapes, free range eggs and tea tree. It was sold to me as being ‘a superhero face mask to combat spots, cleanse dirt, calm and soothe all troubled skins.’ Before I go on to talk about how well it worked I have to mention the unforgivably vile smell! Usually Lush products smell so good that it’s a bit of a mission to resist the temptation of having a sneaky taste (I wouldn’t recommend this- not that I’ve tried it or anything ;) ). This particular mask therefore goes against the norm in the sense that it smells so bad that it actually makes me gag a little. Also a little, shall we say, off putting is the slimy remains of grape that you find upon digging your finger into the pot.
Negatives aside the mask itself works pretty well in calming trouble zones on the face, I would be lying if I said it destroyed all my blemishes and spots in just one use but there is definitely a noticeable difference. The mask has a very elastic like texture and feels tight on your skin after around five minutes, I see this as a positive because I like to think that I can actually feel it working! Unlike other face masks from Lush this one is a little trickier to wash off but not so much so that it would deter me from re-purchasing. Over all I would recommend the mask but would just like to point out that it works no better than the Cupcake mask which smells an awful lot better! I’m sure many people can put up with the smell of garlic for ten minute or so but for those who can’t (like myself) stick to the chocolaty smell of Cupcake.  






In other irrelevant news, The Script finally have an official video for my favourite song from Science and Faith, ‘If You Ever Come Back.’ I’m sure most of you have already heard the song since the whole of the female population seem to be devotedly in love with the band just as I am, now I can finally hear it on the music channels too – which is a relief because I’ve been getting sick of ‘For the First Time’ (sorry!). Have a look at the video here if you’re a tad obsessed like me!




7 comments:

Lisa. said...

I love Cosmetic Warrior, it is so so good for my skin. Yes it stinks, but it is so good I can tolerate it. Best do it on a full stomach, If I was empty stomach I would probably throw.

Holly said...

I remember when you were saying that your towell smelt of this :P, if I ever get the temptation to have a garlic smelling face I will give this a go (;!xx

Joanna Louise said...

Even though you say the smell might make you want to gag i am so curious to smell it now! And garlic? Really? That sounds different. It sounds like it does a good job but I am really sensitive with smells. Maybe I should sniff before I purchase. Thanks for the review x

Leather & Lace said...

sounds intense but always up to try some new beauty treatments!
xoxo

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

Emily said...

The smell sounds very off-putting but I guess it's the final results that matter! Cupcake sounds really lovely, I haven't tried it so will be sure to have a sniff next time I'm in Lush xx

Jessica French said...

I have never ever tried a single thing from Lush... Think I need to jump on the band wagon!

Aimee said...

Eugh, theres nothing worse for me than having an awful smell slathered all over your face, but maybe I'm just a baby when it comes to skincare... must try the cupcake one though, great post!

x