Wednesday, 6 April 2011

General Ramblings

For the past few months I’ve been praying for some miraculous advent that would lead to the cancelation of prom (that or I’d get hit by a bus leaving me unable to attend) but a week or so ago I finally bit the bullet and ordered my dress. Not that this is a particularly exciting event considering I would rather be hit continuously with a very heavy, blunt object then attend what can only be described as the most awkward day of the year (I hear your gasps of shock through the computer screen, to clarify, yes I am a genuine female who does not want to attend prom, I’m sure that makes me abnormal in so many ways.) Anyway, enough rambling, here’s my dress. It’s from the ever trusty ASOS and only set me back £30 (well come on, I was hardly going to splash out.) It’s very simple so hopefully I’ll just blend in and remain unnoticed! I’m always a bit sceptical of ordering clothes online since the model seems to pull them off considerably better than myself, so needless to say I was relieved when this arrived and fitted.  (It's navy, just thought I'd point this out because it looks black in the picture.)






While I was browsing the ASOS website armed with my mother’s credit card I thought it would be foolish to pass an opportunity and not add this angel wing ring to the basket.  I’ve got a bit of a thing for costume rings at the moment, does anybody know where I can get my hands on some quirky (and cheap!) ones?!






While I’m rambling I have to point out that it was a whole 21 degrees today which makes me feel so summery. I’m not sure if this is a good thing since it means that exams are fast approaching and I seem to have absolutely no motivation to do any revision. Let’s hope I sort myself out or you’ll be turning on your TV’s to find me staring back at you on the 9:25 Jeremy Kyle show. While I’m impressed with 21 degrees I wouldn’t object to a few more to force my very attractive (and cute, he eats cupcakes, that’s cute right?!) builder to remove his top. I’m dying to see whether or not he has a six pack lurking under there, at the moment it’s only his rather unattractive companions stripping down!


5 comments:

Holly said...

I've made a plan - we either keep crossing the border line of cheeky in order to get banned from prom or if all else fails we drown ourselves in your pond and frame Chris (;!xx

Jenny said...

Cute dress, mine only cost me £30 last year too, and I know how you feel about not wanting to go, but it will be good/bad and funny all the same :] x

laurien said...

I like it <3

x

giveitalittlebitofyourheart.blogspot.com

KatieWrites said...

I love this post, I especially love the ring.

Btw I awarded you with the Kreativ Blog Award. I'm not sure if you do these, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

http://babblingkatie.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-award-kreativ-blogger-award.html

Katie

x

Peach Crush said...

cute dress and love the nail color :)
im your new follower waiting to be followed back by you im also hosting an international giveaway
xoxo :)
http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/