Monday, 23 May 2011

A bit of a rant & a catch up...

It’s been a while since I last posted, I know! I’ve really been abandoning the blogging world lately and with no good reason. I feel like posting seriously goes against the ‘I’m dedicated to my revision’ illusion that I’m trying to fool myself in to. I instead spend my time staring at the box of revision books that sits at the end of my bed, throwing them agonising glances and considering when to begin, not good!
Anyway, in my absence I’ve taken part in a tiny amount of shopping so I thought I’d share my recent purchases. I’ve been adding to my slow growing collection of rings and found these two on ASOS. I’m actually really impressed with the quality of them, they don’t leave any nasty marks! While I do love Topshop and Accessorize jewellery the murky green stain it leaves on my index finger isn’t too attractive on the eye and no doubt leaves others questioning the extent of my personal hygiene.    






I also had to take a trip to Miss Selfridge to return the shorts I bought a few weeks back, after wearing them just once they began to fray at the bottom. Needless to say I was not impressed and for £34 I couldn’t let it slide so I had to change them. Obviously they didn’t have another pair in the size I wanted because that would be far too easy, oh Miss Selfridges welcome to my list of much disliked things. I had to settle for a pair in grey instead.



Lastly in my collection of pictures is the door that I have been studying for the past month. Today, I finally finished my whole R.E GCSE so I can take down this sea of post it notes. As joyous as this event may seem I’m actually kind of sad about it (yes, I am a social outcast!) because it’s sort of beginning to end a whole five years of my happy little routine, I don’t want to start sixth form!


I’m finding the exam ‘season’ a little more stressful than I thought I would and my confidence is far from helped by being surrounded by some of the most arrogant teachers to walk Hertfordshire’s pavements. Take my additional science teacher for example, yes I’m talking about you Roundy, who insists that a class anything short of A*’s is a complete failure. He then persisted to complain that I, among others in the class, am wasting my time ‘pretending’ to show dedication to my exams before undermining my achievements in announcing that anything less than a grade A is worthless because after all ‘nobody wants a B or C grade student.’ Ermm well Roundy, fuck you. You didn’t even know my name up until a month or so ago so what would you know about how much work I put into my GCSE’s? I’ll have you know that I now miss Coronation Street on a Thursday in place of revision, that, my friend, is true dedication! Furthermore, was it or was it not you who spent a whole 20 minutes last week informing me about the painting in the Pope’s chapel when really you should have been spouting information on the cerebral cortex? Now, I’m not claiming the ability to foretell the future but I highly doubt OCR are going to be questioning me on the Pope’s artistic interests. Perhaps you should assess your teaching ability before lecturing the rest of us. So I’ll take my C/B and be happy with it, apologies if it doesn’t reach your lofty heights!
Rant over! Hope everybody’s exams are going well!



14 comments:

Jenny said...

MY school has teachers that are the strictest in Herts too :p Goodluck, GCSES are a doddle compared to AS's :{ xx

Holly said...

LOLOLOL, what a vile character! I actually prefer the grey shorts and I am a big fan of the quirky mouse ring (:!xx

Marielleheart said...

Nice blog you havee!

Emily said...

That mouse necklace is so cute Tess! Your teacher sounds like a right muppet, don't listen to any of that! Best of luck with your revision and exams xx

Hannah said...

Agh! I had RS/RE GCSE exam today as well. I could have shot my teacher, there and then!! Did you do Short Course or Full Course?
At our school RS Short Course is compulsory - makes me feel like burning the bible sometimes and my brains about to explode!!

xo
Welcometomyfloordrobe.blogspot.com

Temporary:Secretary said...

the rings are so lovely, the mouse ring is cute as a button! we have a huge range of rings in stock at the moment, please pop by and visit us when you have spare time over at www.temporary-secretary.com

Keep up the fab blog, you have great style x

fashioneggpplant said...

i love that little mouse ring! :)

ps. i'm having a blog giveaway, you might want to join! one of the prizes is an oversized satchel style clutch! :)

diana kang said...

these are all super cute xx

Rachel said...

That mouse ring is adorable - good luck in your exams!

Mademoiselle Lala said...

OMG my mum would SO NOT wear this mouse ring - she's scared of them. No, more like terrified-I'm-gonna-die-right-now-if-I-see-one. Makes me laugh until she reminds me of my fear of the spiders! ;) X

Thank you visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment - means a lot to me! :) X

P.S. Don’t forget about my giveaway!

http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

C▲RO said...

I love the shorts!

Love from Germany :)

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

These are sweet! Good luck lovely. x hivenn

Beautyshades said...

The rings are very sweet. I like specially the mouse one

Stephanie said...

Don't worry about it as soon as you're at sixth form GCSEs don't mean shit, believe me, I've been to uni!

S
x