Saturday, 18 June 2011

Favourite Fragrances...



*1) TBS White Musk
White musk is probably one of the more controversial scents and up until a couple of years ago I wasn’t a fan and always associated it with little old ladies. Since coming across TBS version I’ve totally changed my opinion and now find the fragrance really ‘clean’ (I’m not sure if you can apply the word clean to a smell, I hope you get what I mean). It’s sort of has a soapy floral ‘kick’ to it. I do refrain from wearing this is as a perfume though and instead use it to spray around my bedroom (oh dear, now you’re all imagining my room to smell like the local retirement home). There was one occasion a year or two back when I wore it to school. I sat down in a geography lesson besides one of the classes more unfriendly characters, he sat there for around 5 minutes snorting his nostrils before announcing (rather loudly) that it smelt like somebody had ‘shat out a garlic chicken kiev.’ He then moved to the front of the class room and never sat next to me again, rather than taking insult from his comments I saw the whole situation as a blessing.
*2) Juicy Couture
I was given my fist bottle of this when it first ‘hit’ shelves in the UK, which if memory serves me right, was 2008. At the time I was only around 13 and had absolutely no interest or adequate taste when it came to perfume, I only wanted a bottle because I was ‘collecting’ Juicy Couture items. This is definitely a taste I now live to regret since Juicy Couture has a line of bags tacky enough to rival even Pauls Boutique and I now have bags and purses collecting dust under my bed. However, I’m still in love with the signature fragrance and even bought a new bottle last summer (this is a rarity for me, I never finish and re-buy products!). It’s a really fruity smell without being too overpowering and during summer it’s perfect. A quick browse of the perfume shop online tells me that it’s heart notes are ‘wild rose’ and ‘princess lily’ with a watermelon top note. This leaves the perfume with a really crisp and fresh smell that sits quite subtly on the skin. I’m really eager to try out some of Juicy’s other fragrances, anybody have any suggestions for the best one?

*3) Jimmy Choo  
I picked a bottle of this up on Tuesday while I was in Boots and I’m confident in saying that this is, by far, my favourite fragrance (even if it did pain me to hand over £50 for a bottle). I’ll try and describe it the best way I can but be warned I am awful at smell descriptions! It’s more of a sweet than floral smell but not so sweet that it’s juvenile and sickly. The perfume shop informs me that the base not is toffee and that smells about right, top notes include ‘pear nectar’ and ‘sweet Italian orange’. The smell is much warmer than Juicy Couture leaving the fragrance fit for both summer and winter use. I would seriously suggest finding a taster of this rather than trying to make sense of my description! The only ‘query’ I have with the perfume is the bottle and packaging. Allegedly Jimmy went for a snake print box to reflect his range of shoes (or so the over erratic women at Boots tells me) , which I suppose is quite clever, just tacky too!

Thank you for reading!

15 comments:

Willow said...

I've tried The Body Shop's White Musk and loved it, I even got the bath products in that range.
My favourite perfume is Dior's Dolce Vita.

Temporary:Secretary said...

My favourite is Miss Dior Cherie. I love the fragrance and I love the advert for it. Beautiful x

Jenny said...

Aha, contraversial White Musk...I don't know what you mean...:p I really am not too fond of the scent 'cause it makes me sneeze :p but the bottles are so pretty! xx

Holly said...

LOL'ing at the geography situation, I think I can most likely guess who it was (;! I am pleased to see that you caved and bought the jimmy choo perfume (:,xx

sophie-leigh said...

ahh thank you so much! it's working now haha (:
&& omggggg, i absolutely love Jimmy Choo's fragrance (: It's so sweet and gorgeous! I work at The Perfume Shop and I remember melting when I first smelt this! hahah xxxx

Rachel said...

I like the sound of the Jimmy Choo one- the bottle reminds me of Flower Bomb.. x

Emily said...

I had a few sprays of the Jimmy Choo one a few days ago and really liked it! I've never tried the Juicy Couture one but it sounds nice xx

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

I haven't tried any of these.. love your write up! x



p.s. I'm having a $50 material attention giveaway if you'd like to check it out! x
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Leigh said...

these all sound amazing! i haven't tried any of them, but now i want to! that jimmy choo perfume sounds extra amazing though! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Eloise said...

I haven't smelt white musk in ages, I used to ALWAYS buy it for my mum every birthday/christmas/mothersday. I clearly wasn't a very imaginative child

xx

Kristina said...

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

rach said...

that juicy perfume is to due forrrr x

http://stumbleduponablog.blogspot.com/

Bethany Heron said...

lovely blog :) x

I'm having a giveaway on my blog, I'd love it if you took part- http://stylefashionvintagebaby.blogspot.com/

Fay Oberdorf said...

You have a beautiful blog!
Love it!

X
Www.faysfashionwardrobe.blogspot.com

Nat said...

Great reviews and descriptions! This is the second rave review I've read on Jimmy Choo this week, really need to test it next time next time I pop in to Boots. Juicy Couture also sounds nice, I'm a big fan of crisp, fruity scents so will have to give this one a go too x