Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Models Own nails...

Yesterday was my birthday and as far as birthdays go it was a bit of a let-down. Happily, I would write a whole post ranting about the ins and outs of why but I’m trying to refrain from my constant complaining on here! Despite my grievances (does that even make sense?) I did get spoilt and now have the money for a summer wardrobe, expect a haul post next month! I was also treated to what looks like half of Lush so I have loads of reviews in mind which will make a nice change!
Moving back to the point of this post, I went to Boots today and picked up some new nail polishes. I spotted the Models Own polishes on 3 for 2 so decided that today was the day I finally picked some up. I’ve seen quite a few bloggers posting about Models Own, the colours all look gorgeous and everybody seems to love them. However, upon applying ‘Blooboo’ I was not impressed (there’s a surprise). I found the formula really disappointing and hard to work with, being a complete ‘nail art novice’ this is the type of thing that deters me from painting my nails. I just don’t have the patience to try and even out the polish and I simply can’t be doing with that gloopy smudged look all around my cuticles. I also found that the polish had a really strong smell, obviously I accept that nail polishes do smell but this one took the stench to new extremes. Does anybody else find this with Models Own or is it just me being cynical again?  Despite all of the above I’m pretty happy with the colour after around two coats and here’s what my nails look like with a layer of Models Own ‘silver smash up’ over the top.


Before I end this post I just wanted to vent some annoyance. People who can not distinguish the difference between ‘to’ and ‘too’ or ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ or ‘there’, ‘their’ and ‘they’re’ or, even more annoyingly, attempt to use ‘intelligent’ language but do so in completely the wrong context should not be allowed on social networking sites.
Thank you for reading!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Oh god the last point is so true, 'to' and 'too' are the ones that annoy me the most! I've never tried models own but I definitely prefer the look of the silver crackle effect to the barrym one!xx

Jodie said...

i love models own nail polishs!
haha it is so annoying when people use the wrong ones! <3

Rachael said...

I've found that the Barry M nail effects has a smell too - not the typical nail varnishy smell but something a little worse hehe xx

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear your birthday was a bit of a let down :( on the positive side i love your nails :)

Stacey xx

Nicola Sarah Jordan said...

I found that with bloobloo aswell, really hard to get an even coat. BUT I havent found it with any of my other models own nail varnishes? the rest are rather good!!
xx

Stephanie said...

And 'of' and 'off' I've got a friend who does that all the time. I have to try and refrain myself from correcting him all the time because I just end up sounding mean!
I've got some Models Own polishes and they smell weird, not like normal polishes, but I quite like it!

S
x

erleppard said...

Oh love the nail varnish! xxxx

Nat said...

Your nails look great! The base colour's lovely, bit of a shame the formula was tricky to work with though. I've only tried a few Models Own shades and they've all applied nicely and lasted well too. I do agree with you on the smell, it is pretty strong! x

MissKatv said...

love the combination. :) so calm and light. BTW, nice blog. Keep it up!
Definitely going to follow you :)
xoxo,
misskatv ✿